Script Practice

For as long as I could remember, I've always hated my handwriting. No joke, I've disliked it since I was little and I still dislike it now.

Fun fact: in college I was notorious for re-writing my lecture notes. I would re-write my notes over and over again because I was never satisfied with the way they looked. I mean, how could I study something I couldn't even look at? After like how many stacks of paper later - I'm so sorry trees - I finally gave up and typed my notes out.

Anyways, I've been really struggling to be friends with my handwriting. If not friends, acquaintances. Baby steps yo. I like the look of handwritten journal cards in PL and was hoping to implement it in my own albums. Actually, I really like the look of "typed with a typewriter" journal cards more buuuut I haven't had any luck scoring a functioning typewriter yet. The point is, I want to be able to look at my albums without cringing at the sight of my handwriting; I want to be satisfied.

So completely contrary to my obsessive anti-handwriting nature, I signed up for Studio Calico and Kal Barteski's class, life | scripted.

The moment I first saw Kal Barteski's work in one of my SC kits, I was in love. It was just so pretty. And it wasn't like perfect pretty, but more a natural and rough pretty.

When the class was announced my eyes almost popped out of their sockets. I could learn how to do awesome script! No doubt I signed up right away. And then the realization slowly crept in. Crap, how was I going to manage learning script when I have horrendous handwriting? Don't even get me started on my cursive.

But since I'm not a quitter, I've been practicing! Here's a few of my favorite pieces. I can't wait for the class to start so I can learn more and (hopefully) improve.





0 comments:

Post a Comment